My favorite show
Heys TNQD, I’m thinking about watching Scrubs, and I noticed your profile pic of J.D. I know it’s an old show, and probably not like House MD. So my question is: Why do you like Scrubs, and what can I expect from it? Thanks. Have a nice day! :)
Oh boy! You hit on one of my favorite shows. Warning, the following post will be totally biased and filled with awesome gifs!
Scrubs is a show that follows a group of doctors as they start residency. It is first and foremost a comedy. So you shouldn’t expect intense medical dialogue or complex medical cases. It is however, in some respects, a very accurate caricature of the hospital hierarchy.
Why do I love scrubs? Scrubs to me is like that friend who you have a continuous conversation with. No matter how long it has been since you saw them last, you can always start right where you left off and feel like nothing has changed. It is silly, fun and the best study break.
Scrubs also hits on some very serious issues in medicine though. Work/life balance, dealing with patient death and learning to be your own person (or doctor). Every episode ends with some narrated take away message, one that always seems to ring true in my own life.
What can you expect from scrubs? Well at the least you can expect entertainment. But I always take away something more (as cheesy as that sounds). We are hit with a lot of hard stuff in medical school. Just the other day I had to practice telling patients they had HIV. Afterwards I was in a funk, dwelling on how crappy that will be when I have to do it for real. And then I laughed. Not because HIV is funny but because all I could think of was Turk trying to create a dance (called the HIV-Y) that he could use to tell patients they had HIV. For me, scrubs is the reminder of why I got into medicine.
It gives me that comic relief when I need it.
And it is my bit of inspiration when I have had a bad day at school.
I do hope you watch it. And I hope you love it as much as much as I do.
42 Notes/ Hide
- iraqyadiary likes this
- thesilenceislove likes this
- perfectlyultimatebunghole reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- perfectlyultimatebunghole likes this
- how-i-lost-my-mind reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- niauropsaka likes this
- dianamxoxo reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- mini-doctor reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor and added:
- scrubsfordummies likes this
- imjustlivingandlearning reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor and added:
- avengingphoenix likes this
- mini-doctor likes this
- cranquis likes this
- traciee likes this
- geronimojacksonn likes this
- dispirits likes this
- almostwishing likes this
- thearrowparadox reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor and added:
- betweenriversandravens likes this
- meanwhilenever likes this
- passion-for-medicine likes this
- passion-for-medicine said: Didn’t expect a reply so quick! Thanks :) So I just finished watching the first episode and I love it! Awesome gifs btw ;)
- liziel said: I LOVE SCRUBS! And in fact, I still watch it everyday at lunch… True story. My netflix can prove it. What else would cheer me up in the middle of work? :)
- chanceuse-et-heureuse likes this
- digiti-minimi likes this
- soundofsilence7 reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- 850-photog likes this
- thepoisoneddart reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- thepoisoneddart likes this
- turquoisediadem0301 likes this
- md-admissions likes this
- rock7ch said: Best show ever
- show-a-little-faith likes this
- rock7ch likes this
- my-life-as-a-pre-med likes this
- crafting-alchemist reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- wiredpsyche likes this
- slowdownsimplybe likes this
- thenotquitedoctor posted this