I spent this past weekend reflecting on the changes that will soon affect my life. In about two months, I will be starting medical school, something I have been looking forward to for quite awhile now. I am excited, but I am also nervous. It seems weird to say, but I think I am most nervous about meeting new people and making new friends. I consider myself a bit of a shy person, and am worried I will spend the next few years feeling isolated and alone. I know this is an irrational fear, but it’s just something I can’t seem to stop thinking about.
Since graduating this past December, I have been spending time with family and friends, which I will have to temporarily leave behind as I start this new chapter in my life. It’s not like I’ll never see them, but it’s different going from seeing someone a couple times a week to seeing them every few months. My boyfriend and I have also been spending a lot of time together, preparing for the distance we will encounter as I start school in August.
So here’s to making the most out of these next two months and remembering to enjoy myself. I am looking forward to the challenges ahead, and the many opportunities and experiences I am going to encounter.
23 Notes/ Hide
- intheairthehailisstill likes this
- okeyiswonderful reblogged this from thenotquitedoctor
- thunderandballoons likes this
- pachucowildcat likes this
- jmag1213 likes this
- audrifer likes this
- thepoisoneddart likes this
- doctenderfoot said: I felt exactly the same going into OMS1, but it really is just like summer camp: About one week into anatomy you won’t remember how you got along without all of these brilliant and wonderful future colleagues. The DO path is pretty cooperative, too!
- ilovechowmein likes this
- strokesofinsight likes this
- mrspediatricpa likes this
- sharmandershar likes this
- singingpickle said: As a shy person myself, I definitely understand your nervousness. Keep us updated as to how you get through it! (:
- chinchouu likes this
- thecricket20 likes this
- simplifythisonelife likes this
- first-star-in-the-nightsky likes this
- nursenawalangsilbi likes this
- happee-holic likes this
- ekrammarkee likes this
- dispirits likes this
- thenotquitedoctor posted this